Tuesday, July 11, 2017

3....2....1.... (FINAL Note July 11th 2017)

Wow this is my last email, we had a wonderful week, we experienced a miracle. Kayla West our investigator will be baptized this Saturday. I was the working of God, The story goes as follows. We went to Jimmy and Kayla Wests house for a lesson. We have been teaching Kayla for 3 months. She goes to a non-denominational church but she comes every other week. Well we started our lesson with a prayer we were hoping to teach how to recognize the Spirit after I said the opening prayer, we followed up on our commitment to pray to know if Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. She said yes, and she also said I would like to be sealed in the temple and be baptized. My mouth hit the floor in shock. We knew Kayla would be baptized but she had never expressed anything about baptism, in fact, she seemed more standoff about it. Her husband asked her when did you make this decision she said after he finished his prayer. He was in shock too, then I asked when would you like to be baptized she said this Saturday, July 15, 2017. My 24th-month mark and my last Saturday. miracle. Truly I know that God loves us and answers our prayers and is able to increase our faith. I will be going to the temple now. I am so grateful for my opportunity to labor and serve. 

I have learned the principles, practices, and preparations the Gospel of Jesus Christ invites us to do, but the beauty of the Gospel is we start where we are and become something more. I know that because I have experienced it for the past two years of my mission. Jesus Christ and his infinite Atonement means everything to me now and what he teaches through his Prophets in both The Bible and Book of Mormon. I wish I could write everything I wish to but I can't. I will see you in Az.

Love, 

Elder Washburn


Our Favorite pictures of Elder Washburn and his companions. 


















1 comment:

  1. Oh my! What an amazing miracle! The Hunters love you, and wish you the very best! Please keep in touch!!!

    ReplyDelete