Monday, May 22, 2017

2 Miracles (May 22nd 2017)

What a week. I have two really good stories so here we go. 

The first story is about Mickey, Mickey is a gentleman that we have been shoveling rock for, for the past few weeks. Our first week here we really didn't know where we were or what we were doing. So it was about 8:30 pm and we see Mickey in his garage and 15 tons of rock in his driveway. So, we got his number and offered to shovel his rock. We shoveled his rock about 4-5 times since then. Each time we would share small gospel truths about who we are and what we do, well on Tuesday this week. We pull up and Mickey comes out and says "Its a little hot today why don't you just teach me a lesson." Kind of in shock I said we will shovel rock for an hour then we will come up and share a message he said okay. So we shoveled rock then went and shared the Restoration with him. As I was explaining That a dispensation was a period of time on the earth where people believed in God and what the Prophets taught and an Apostasy was a period of time when people rejected Gods teachings and the Prophets. I told Mickey I am having a hard time of thinking of an example. He replied I have one, The missionaries knocked on my door a few months ago and wanted to read the Bible with me and I said no but I am ready to listen to you boys. I was blown away, I was also blown away that he came to church this Sunday. Alma 13:24 24 For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.

Miracle dose, We were walking around last night with not a whole lot to do. We began to walk, I didn't fully understand where, but we walked. We ended up walking 3-4 miles from where we lived on the other side of Troy. As we began to walk through an intersection and was nearly hit, we heard a yell from a car passing through the intersection going the opposite way. Were the man said "Joseph Smith" as he waved his hand, assuming he was another heckler, we continued on. As we walked through a park, we heard "Elders, Elders!" We turned to our surprise to see the same man. He approached us and began to explain his calling out to us "I met with missionaries in the past I tried my hardest to believe in Joseph Smith and I still have my Book of Mormon, I am about done with religion" needless to say we have a meeting tonight at 8 pm 

I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears my prayers and all those who pray in faith. Matthew 7:7 7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

As a missionary, we pray often. I have seen the power of prayer in the work and in my life. I know as we pray and communicate to our loving Heavenly Father in Faith with a determination to act in Faith we can receive the blessings he has in store and the windows of Heaven will be opened to us. I hope as we continue to see the blessings we receive from our Heavenly Father that we don't forget to give thanks and gratitude for the blessings we receive. I love this work and I know it is true not because of what I have done but what the Lord has been able to help me see and achieve. 
Have a great week.

Love, 

Elder Washburn











No comments:

Post a Comment