Monday, August 3, 2015

Edwardsville, Illinois (1st Area)


Hello again everyone. So the mission field is pretty freaking cool I have a really cool companion. I am tired allllllllll the time. Well where do I start? Probably from the beginning right? Well I left the MTC Tuesday morning at 3:30am and basically flew all day. We had a lay over in Minneapolis, Minnesota for like an hour then it was off to St. Louis. When the plane landed in St. Louis I could feel the humidity the very second I got off the plane it was crazy. We went back to the mission home and just chilled and hung out. We played some ball in the backyard.... Afterwards I was dripping buckets of sweat. I am serving in Edwardsville, Illinois, which is about 50 minutes from St. Louis, its crazy I can see the city of St Louis from a hill. It is sooo flat out here and everyone grows corn out here. We live in a college town. Which is pretty rad. We have helped a couple people move into our apartment area. My companion and I basically do all the work. Like we will just start grabbing things and everyone looks at us and starts talking. We moved these one girls in they live a floor above us, but we moved basically everything. My companion and I did all the heavy lifting. We moved this huge couch up three stories it was nuts. Plus it was the narrowest staircase of my life. Waking up at 6:30 in the morning is crazy hard. I am slowly getting used to it. I am in a car area but we only have it every other week. Which kind of blows but its good so I wont get to fat. The members love to feed us. They don't like to do missionary work though. It’s a slow process withy them but they are coming along. They have had a couple of pile missionaries come through this area. A pile missionary is a missionary that doesn't want to do any work. My companion and I are getting along great. GREAT NEWS I ALREADY HAVE HAD A BAPTISM. We baptized Cindy Hicks this past Saturday it was awesome she's about 40 years old. Her mom is a member but only for like a year. The funny part is Cindy told her she was never going to be a member but I guess we all know how that turned out. Her 13-year-old daughter isn't a member but wants us to come over tonight to start teaching her. Which is freaking legit. We had a really cool experience yesterday tracting. So we are in Woodriver, which is about 15 minutes from our apartment. We are in this neighborhood that's kind of sketchy but at the same time its not. Anyways so we are getting ready to get into the car and there's this guy smoking on his front porch we said hello but me and my companion got the feeling to say "Have you ever seen missionaries like us before?" he said "Yeah. You two come here" so we went over and had a nice conversation with him and he gave us water and invited us in. This dude loves the bible. He didn't bible bash us or anything. His wife and their four kids are just chilling. The husband and wife sit down and the kids are going just bananas. We start to talk to them about Jesus Christ, who we are, where we are from and what we do as missionaries. Well come to find out they lived in New Mexico and some missionaries gave them a book of Mormon. The wife lost it but we gave her another one. They said they were fed up with lying preachers and how they get paid. They talked about they want to find a new church and stuff. She committed to reading the Book of Mormon without us even inviting her to do it then she said could we come to church this Sunday. I am just screaming inside. So we gave them the address of the church and we are going to go back over before this Sunday to teach them a little bit more. I think the coolest part about this experience is it was the last door. We could have not said a word to this guy but we opened our mouths and we basically found golden investigators. Man this church is true. Elder Enos is my district leader and he's the bomb.com! My address is 813 Lancashire Apart #7 Edwardsville, Illinois 62025. SEND ME LETTERS AND PACKAGES!!!!!!!!! I will be here for a minimum of 12 weeks. Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment