Friends and Family,
Some of the quotes I have come by this week are the following, "You sow a thought you Reap an Action, You Sow an Action you Reap a Habit, You Sow a Habit you Reap a Character, You Sow a Character you Reap a Destiny". The author of this quote is unknown to me. Also this quote "The Church teaches Principles, the Holy Ghost gives specific applications and Specific practices" Stephen R. Covey
The Holy Ghost is so fundamental to knowing the truth. The Holy Ghost is described as the Comforter and Teacher. As we learn more about the Holy Ghost we can learn how to be more fully directed and guided by him to the right path that Our Heavenly Father has in store for us.
John 14: 26 (New Testament)
26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Jacob 4: 13 (Book of Mormon)
13) Behold, my brethren, he that prophesieth, let him prophesy to the understanding of men; for the Spirit speaketh the truth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh of things as they really are, and of things as they really will be; wherefore, these things are manifested unto us plainly, for the salvation of our souls. But behold, we are not witnesses alone in these things; for God also spake them unto prophets of old.
The Spirit will teach us all things and bring all things to our remembrance and will not lie to us. He will say things how they really are and how they really will be. By the Holy Ghost we are able to know truth, in the Book of Mormon, another Prophet again testifies of these same truths.
Moroni 10: 3-7 (Book of Mormon)
3) Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
4) And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5) And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
6) And whatsoever thing is good is just and true; wherefore, nothing that is good denieth the Christ, but acknowledgeth that he is.
7) And ye may know that he is, by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore I would exhort you that ye deny not the power of God; for he worketh by power, according to the faith of the children of men, the same today and tomorrow, and forever.
The Holy Ghost helps us to testify of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 12: 3 (New Testament)
3) Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord but by the Holy Ghost.
We can learn more about Jesus Christ as we study His life and Gospel. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the World, He came to the World to do the will of His Father. He suffered so I could be forgiven. If you Sow a thought you will reap an Action, If you believe that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer then we should act as He would act, and learn more about Him. I would encourage you to begin reading and studying more about Jesus Christ daily to help us through hard times. I would also encourage that it comes from the Book of Mormon, not that we don't recognize or appreciate the Bible but because Jesus Christ and His Gospel is so clear and simple within the pages of The Book of Mormon that you will gain a stronger testimony of the Savior.
The work was a little slow and not too exciting this week. That's okay it will be better this week. One thing that has been exciting, is doing Family History work. Elder Floyd a new missionary in our ward. He Minored at BYU in Family History work. So he knows a lot about it. We had him teach us so we could teach others. I have gotten so excited to do Family History work. To be honest, after I finish this email I am logging on and doing it. So many stories and people that I am related to. President Thomas S. Monson said "We discover something about ourselves when we learn about our Ancestors" Sooo true. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the Earth so that we may learn more about our Savior.
What a wonderful time of year to remember the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. A document in the year 2000 was put out by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was made to remember the Savior being born 2000 years earlier. The document was signed by the Prophet and the Apostles, I wish to quote a portion of it "We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary. He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world.".
He rose from the grave to “become the firstfruits of them that slept” (1 Corinthians 15:20). As Risen Lord, He visited among those He had loved in life. He also ministered among His “other sheep” (John 10:16) in ancient America. In the modern world, He and His Father appeared to the boy Joseph Smith, ushering in the long-promised “dispensation of the fullness of times” (Ephesians 1:10).
We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son."
Have a great week everyone, be safe and study about Jesus Christ. I can promise it will help those trials because lighter and your very thoughts and actions will be more Christ like.